Principal Scientist – COA quantitative
Position Title: Principal
Geographic location: Candidates must be legally authorised to work in the UK or US
Working location: Work from home, periodic team and supervisory meetings in person as agreed
Role %: Full time
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience
Date: March 2023
Are you an established researcher in the clinical outcomes assessment (COA)/patient-reported outcomes (PRO) field who enjoys directing COA strategy and psychometric validation studies and using your problem-solving skills to create winning proposals to help meet clients’ needs?
If you are looking to continue to grow your research skills and COA expertise as well as further develop your leadership experience in a boutique consulting environment where you will feel supported to fulfil your unique potential, please check out the company background and job description posted below and apply to join our growing research team at Sprout.
Sprout Health Solutions is a specialist consultancy of experts in health outcomes and behavior change. Pharmaceutical companies, health technology providers and medical communication agencies come to us because we combine academic expertise with substantial commercial experience to deliver person-centered strategies and programs for improved health and regulatory success worldwide.
The patient experience is at the heart of everything we do. Our core services involve the provision of clinical outcome assessment (COA) expertise and strategy to help industry partners in selection and use of COA endpoints in clinical trials. We also produce patient insights and stakeholder journeys throughout the drug development pathway, as well as targeted education and support interventions that deliver effective solutions for treatment adherence and other health behavior challenges.
Sprout has a solid project management and operations function to support successful project delivery, and to reinforce operational excellence in everything we do.
Our remote-working team is spread out over Europe, North America, and Canada. We are far away from each other geographically, but we have a tight team who communicates with each other daily. We believe in being flexible, supporting each other and doing what needs to be done to deliver excellence for our clients.
Find out more at: www.sprout-hs.com
Key areas of responsibility:
We are looking for a full-time Principal (or Senior Principal, dependent on experience) to join our growing team of applied patient centered outcomes specialists, health psychology researchers and behavioral scientists. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who brings high quality research, thought leadership and business development skills and who has extensive experience of applying these skills in an industry setting. Key competencies are described below.
Working at Principal level, you will be working closely with the Sprout Partners and Head of Operations to support the overall business strategy. You will have a keen interest in business development and have an established network of industry contacts that can be leveraged to the benefit of growing Sprout’s business and client base. At a project-level, you will be responsible for scientific deliverables related to COA strategy and quantitative COA projects on large account engagements or across multiple client accounts. You will be the project director and/or scientific advisor for projects, taking overall responsibility for the implementation and scientific integrity of your projects. You will be responsible for supervising other members of the project teams, i.e. researchers and project managers, and you will usually be the point person for client communications.
You will line manage multiple direct reports and identify areas of training for the overall COA research team. You will identify and act on new business opportunities, including the creation of budgets and proposals for new business opportunities relevant to your area of expertise. You will be consulted by the project management team about operational efficiencies on projects (e.g. margin performance, staffing plans, revenue). You will be accountable for scientific thought leadership pieces for PR and marketing and for identifying thought leadership opportunities via conference presentations and manuscripts, as appropriate.
Key competencies / skills required:
- PhD/DPhil qualification in a related field (such as public health, psychology, medical sociology, medical anthropology, or related discipline) OR substantial equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of COA strategy and quantitative (psychometric) research and related technical skills
- Demonstrable experience of leading autonomously on COA research projects for a minimum of 1 year
- Demonstrable experience in managing direct reports for a minimum of 1 year
- Demonstrable experience of working in a COA consultancy, or related, environment for a minimum of 7 years
- Demonstrable experience of writing and submitting abstracts to conferences and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development and creation of high-quality proposals
- Professional manner in working with colleagues
- Exceptional time management, communication, and organisational skills
- Excellent and proactive problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to periodically work outside of normal business hours to accommodate our global clients and collaborators
- Ability to adapt quickly and be flexible in the face of changing project priorities
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel for client and team meetings (domestically and internationally) with appropriate notice (1 week minimum) (subject to local and national restrictions and current public health recommendations on travel)
Benefits of working at Sprout:
You will be part of a close-knit and high-performing team of experienced health outcomes, behavior change specialists and project managers who will support and challenge you to find your purpose and strive for success. We offer a flexible virtual working environment and we value diversity and inclusiveness. Joining our fast-expanding consultancy means there will be opportunities to grow and progress with the company.
We encourage you to apply promptly. Advertising will remain live until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter to the online form or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill the form to apply
"*" indicates required fields