Position Title: Outcomes Researcher (COA) – experienced junior/senior level
Geographic location: We are currently looking for an experienced outcomes researcher to join our team in the USA. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Working location: Work from home, periodic team and supervisory meetings in person as agreed
Role %: Full time
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience
Date: November 2022
Are you an early career researcher in the clinical outcomes assessment/patient-reported outcomes field who enjoys designing and conducting qualitative patient interview studies and has good project management skills?
If you are looking to continue to grow your research skills and develop new skills in a boutique consulting environment where you will feel supported to fulfil your unique potential, please check out the company background and job description posted below and apply to join our growing research team at Sprout.
Sprout Health Solutions is a specialist consultancy of experts in health outcomes and behavior change. Pharmaceutical companies, health technology providers and medical communication agencies come to us because we combine academic expertise with substantial commercial experience to deliver person-centered strategies and programs for improved health and regulatory success worldwide.
The patient experience is at the heart of everything we do. Our core services involve the provision of clinical outcome assessment (COA) expertise and strategy to help industry partners in selection and use of COA endpoints in clinical trial. We also produce patient insights and stakeholder journeys throughout the drug development pathway, as well as targeted education and support interventions that deliver effective solutions for treatment adherence and other health behavior challenges.
Sprout has a solid project management and operations function to support successful project delivery, and to reinforce operational excellence in everything we do.
Our remote-working team is spread out over Europe, North America, and Canada. We are far away from each other geographically, but we have a tight team who communicates with each other daily. We believe in being flexible, supporting each other and doing what needs to be done to deliver excellence for our clients.
Find out more at: www.sprout-hs.com
Position overview and objectives:
Sprout is a specialist consultancy of experts in behavior science and health outcomes who design and deliver person-centered strategies and programs for improved health and regulatory success worldwide. Sprout Behaviour Change uses a real-world approach, grounded in evidence-based models, to produce scalable patient and HCP support solutions adaptable to any platform. Sprout Health Outcomes applies the same approach to help industry partners accurately reflect the patient experience to improve clinical trial strategy and endpoints. Combined with the extensive academic and commercial expertise is a solid project management and operations function to support the successful delivery of new and existing projects, and to cement operational excellence into everything we do.
Key areas of responsibility:
We are looking for a full-time Outcomes Researcher (experienced Junior or Senior level) to join our growing team of patient centered outcomes specialists, health psychology researchers and behavioral scientists. The successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals who bring high quality research skills and who are interested in applying these skills in an industry setting. We are looking for people with a background (usually via a Masters or PhD program) in a relevant area, such as public health, health psychology, medical anthropology, or medical sociology. We are looking for candidates with at least an understanding (ideally demonstrable experience) of the use of patient reported outcomes (PROs) and other clinical outcomes assessments (COAs) in clinical trials. Key competencies are described below.
You will be responsible for conducting literature reviews (may be systematic or narrative), preparation of research documents for qualitative and/or quantitative research (including submission for Institutional Review Board approval), designing qualitative interview guides, conducting qualitative interviews with patients, caregivers, and patient representatives, analyzing data, and preparing reports and manuscripts. You will support preparation of documents for regulators such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA). You may also at times be asked to deliver, or contribute towards, tasks related to our work in behavior change and internal projects as required.
You will follow company processes to meet deliverables, including working to deliver tasks within an allocated budget and time frame. You will support Lead and Principal Outcomes Researchers on tasks relating to business development, as well as tasks relating to PR and marketing.
Key competencies / skills required
• Bachelor’s degree, or local equivalent, in a related field (such as public health, psychology, medical sociology, or related discipline).
• Post-graduate qualification in a related field (e.g. MSc, PhD/DPhil, Clinical) OR substantial equivalent experience.
• Demonstrable experience of desk-based and qualitative/quantitative research and related technical skills.
• Demonstrable experience in research related to patient reported outcomes, patient centered outomes and clinical outcomes assessments.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a healthcare/consultancy environment.
• Understanding of the clinical trial process and the use of COAs in this context.
• Excellent scientific writing skills.
• Exceptional time management, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent and proactive problem solver.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to periodically work outside of normal business hours to accommodate our global clients and collaborators.
• Ability to adapt quickly and be flexible in the face of changing project priorities.
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrable experience of writing and submitting abstracts to conferences and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
• Demonstrable experience of psychometrics and related technical skills, including use of statistical software such as R or SAS.
• Demonstrable ability to identify opportunities for business development and follow these up with the client.
Benefits of working for Sprout:
You will be part of a close-knit and high-performing team of experienced health outcomes, behavior change specialists and project managers who will support and challenge you to find your purpose and strive for success. We offer a flexible virtual working environment with strong values regarding work-life balance. Joining our fast-expanding consultancy means there will be opportunities to grow and progress with the company.
We encourage you to apply promptly. Advertising will remain live until the positions are filled. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter to the online form or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill the form to apply
"*" indicates required fields