Geographic location: We are currently looking for an Office Manager to join our team in the UK. Candidates must be legally authorised to work in the UK.
Working location: Work from home, with periodic team and supervisory meetings in person as agreed
Role %: Full time
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience
Position overview and objectives:
Sprout Health Solutions is a specialist consultancy of experts in health outcomes and behaviour change. Pharmaceutical companies, health technology providers and medical communication agencies come to us because we combine academic expertise with substantial commercial experience to deliver person-centred strategies and programs for improved health and regulatory success worldwide.
The patient experience is at the heart of everything we do. Our core services involve the provision of clinical outcome assessment (COA) expertise and strategy to help industry partners in selection and use of COA endpoints in clinical trials. We also produce patient insights and stakeholder journeys throughout the drug development pathway, as well as targeted education and support interventions that deliver effective solutions for treatment adherence and other health behaviour challenges.
Sprout has a solid project management and operations function to support successful project delivery, and to reinforce operational excellence in everything we do.
Our team is spread out over Europe, North America, and Canada. We are far away from each other geographically, but we have a tight team who communicates with each other daily. We believe in being flexible, supporting each other and doing what needs to be done to deliver excellence for our clients. We were remote working before Covid-19 and we will continue remote working afterwards.
Find out more at: www.sprout-hs.com
Position overview and key areas of responsibility:
This is a crucial role for Sprout. We are on an ambitious growth path and we’re looking for a hyper-organised, diligent, resourceful professional to be at the centre of the business.
You will ensure the efficient operation of Sprout by carrying out or supervising all administrative and organisational tasks.
You will support the in-house finance function and be responsible for the smooth and effective administration of all financial and bookkeeping processes, with regular and extensive contact with our Partners, Finance Director and Project Management team.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation and administration of Sprout and help the Partners and senior management team be fully aware of the business’s performance and its financial position.
You will report to the Head of Operations.
- First point of contact for all direct correspondence, inbound phone calls and mail forwarding
- Support our IT supplier with management and maintenance of team infrastructure including IT support / hardware / procurement
- Purchase sundries, supplies, gifts and IT equipment as required
- Administer the online Quality Management System including monitoring compliance, reapprovals and audits as required
- Assist with developing and improving administrative and financial procedures
Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flight, train and hotel reservations
- Assist in planning company events and training
- Provide PA support to Partners as required
- Generate and monitor weekly timesheet reports and flag late or incomplete timesheets
- Generate monthly/ad hoc timesheet analysis reports
- Manage updates to Sprout’s website with support from our website provider
- Work with our PR agency to manage social media accounts
HR and payroll
- Monitor training requirements and flag non-compliance
- Maintain employee and supplier contracts
- Oversee key supplier relationships
- Process freelancer invoices for approval
- Liaise with employee benefit providers and deal with employee queries
- Prepare information required for monthly payroll and provide to external accountants
- Support employee onboarding and IT induction as well as offboarding and asset recovery
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control
- Bank payments (supplier, payroll and tax)
- Assist Project Management team with monthly project revenue reporting
- Weekly reconciliation of all bank accounts and short-term cash forecasting
- Prepare VAT returns in Xero and (after approval by the Finance Director) submit to HMRC
- Support the Finance Director in preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Ensure all statutory reports and submissions (e.g. ICO, Companies House) are filed on time
- Assist with finance-related queries
1.3. Key competencies / skills required
- At least 5 years’ experience as a capable and experienced bookkeeper
- Experience of working with US-based business an advantage
- Proficient in accountancy software preferably Xero
- You may hold the AAT qualification or equivalent or you may be studying for the latter stages of your ACCA or CIMA qualifications
- Experience of working in the world of consulting/agencies or other business services would be an advantage
- Quick learner with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively to deadlines under pressure
- First class organisational and analytical skills and be confident in communicating financial information
- An eagerness to grow with the business and the finance function
- Good management and leadership skills and be a committed team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Happy to work remotely
Benefits of working for Sprout:
You will be part of a close-knit and high-performing team of experienced health outcomes researchers, behaviour change specialists and project managers who will support and challenge you to find your purpose and strive for success. We offer a flexible virtual working environment. Joining our fast-expanding consultancy means there will be opportunities to grow and progress with the company.
We encourage you to apply promptly. Advertising will remain live until the position is filled.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Fill the form to apply
"*" indicates required fields